Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Let's start at the very beginning.

It is a very good place to start.

About a year ago I was 5 months pregnant.  I did a lot of shopping online and noticed some adorable onesies with appliques on them.  I was particularly drawn to one with an acorn on it.  My husband works at a camp whose logo includes an acorn.  It was almost a requirement for me to like them after we were married.  I also like an acorn because it would be appropriate for a girl, or a boy.  We didn't find out the sex of our baby.

The more I thought about it, the more I figured  I could make them myself.  I pondered it for a while.  After a month or so, I asked my mom if she could bring over my grandma's old sewing machine.

In April, I made my first two onesies.

 
I'd have to like you a whole lot to make a preemie onesie with a tiny applique on it.  It's pretty small.

I've since gotten better and make one for Tillie in each size.  I was proud of my little creations and started posting them in a facebook album.  Everyone encouraged me to start and etsy shop.  I thought I'd start small and get some made for a craft fair next fall.  But, what the heck.  Here we go!

I have my first custom order for a lovely friend in California.  I hope they turn out well.  Custom orders kind of scare me, I'd rather they saw the finished project before money is handed over.

No comments: